- 18歲及以下中文學習者 – All Chinese language learners under 18 years old
1. Request Free (3 months) Reader Account for your School.
- Contact support@Ponddy-edu.com Subject: NCACLS Online Oral Reading and Writing Competition
- Provide: School Name, Teachers name, and email, Each student: name, age, and email
2. Provide a Leveled Essay.
- Write your essay and have your teacher comment it during the current semester
- Record the oral reading of the writing in MP3 files (one recording per paragraph)
- Upload audio recording, your original and corrected writing to Ponddy Reade
(Example: https://reader.ponddy.com/app/#/reader-content/93161dd4d13def69c97dfe128a9e8ff6 )
3. Submit the shared link to the support@Ponddy-edu.com
March 1st – June 30th, 2020*
*Entries are only valid when submitted during this time period
- Ponddy Level 3: ACTFL Intermediate High (I5)
- Ponddy Level 2: ACTFL Intermediate Low, Mid (I1, I3)
- Ponddy Level 1: ACTFL Novice High
現金獎勵 (Cash prizes)
- 1st place: $150
- 2nd place: $100
- 3rd place: $75
冠軍指導教師獎勵 (Teachers of 1st place winners will receive)
- Cash prize of $150 and
- 1-year Subscription of Ponddy Reader (Educator Version) for up to 25 students
*Prizes will be awarded at the NCACLS (全美中文學校聯合總會) 第六屆中文傳承教育國際研討會(Aug 8th-9th, 2020, Baltimore, Maryland)
Q & A
什麼人可以申請免費帳號? (Who can get Ponddy Reader?)
- All teachers and students from your school can get Ponddy Reader free for 3 months.
要提供什麼樣的學生訊息?為什麼? (What kind of student information are you asking? Why?)
- We ask for student’s name, age, and email address so we can qualify the student and create free accounts from our back office.
如何知道我的學生是什麼級別? (How do I know which level the student is competing for?)
- Our AI will level the content. The student will be competing with others based on the level analyzed by the platform. Note that AI will re-evaluate the level every time student edit the content.
可以幫我們的老師單獨開個講座嗎? (Can you give our teachers a private workshop?)
- Yes. Not only for your teachers. We can do a webinar for the parents and students.
學生可以用作業參賽嗎? (Can students use an essay from homework?)
- Yes. Any writing created by the students during the competition period is acceptable.
著作權歸誰? (Who owns the copyright of the writing?)
- Students do. However, Ponddy will have the right to use the content from the winners.